Wednesday 24 June 2015

Nobody ever asked me could they scan my t-shirt before!


I was getting my car washed for the NCT and couldn't believe when i seen the QR Code on the back of the car washers t-shirt.

First of all, it's an awkward wet place to take out a mobile phone to scan the t-shirt. After the car wash, i asked can i scan your QR Code to which his reply was. Yes, no problem but nobody ever asked me could they scan my t-shirt before. I'm not really surprised as a QR code in this way within this service is too invasive. Additionally, this shows low recognition of a QR code/low scanning of a QR code in 2015.

So after my car wash, i got out of the car and attempted to scan the t-shirt. He was kind enough to pull the t-shirt straight to give me a chance at getting a scan. It would not work if creased. I tried for approximately one minute to get the code to scan and it wouldn't. I was conscious of another car waiting on a wash and they were probably wondering what is this girl doing.  I thanked him for his help but i did not get this code to scan at all.

Conclusion:
The QR Code is probably too big and makes it difficult to capture the full square in the scanning grid. The QR Code around an unsafe area (wet ground) could cause potential problems.
A QR code on a t-shirt can be successful in the right environment. (see earlier post entry)
A QR code must be tested before and after production bearing in mind surface quality. Remember t-shirts fade wash after wash. Don't let your campaign vanish!

No comments:

Post a Comment