Wednesday 17 June 2015

Bit of a mixed 'bag'.





Seen this code on my friends shopping bag and said i gotta have that!
I tried to scan the code but had great difficulty. I think a combination of the creases and also the bag material delayed my scan read out.  Eventually i got it scanned and it lead to a website that wasn't fully mobile optimised and looked too cumbersome to navigate from a mobile device.  I clicked on the offers section and it automatically downloaded a pdf to my phone files. When opened it displayed very effectively on the phone.

Conclusion: QR codes need to be printed on a surface that cannot become compromised. This bag will be folded away in a press for it's next use and therefore time after time the QR code becomes difficult to access. Also the material was reflective which perhaps also inhibited a perfect scan.
All in all, a bit of a mixed bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment